Rise of new blood, passing of the old...
Today, the History and Geography Club held a small event as a tribute to the late Michael Jackson. The programs included performances from Music Club in collaboration with Harmonica Club and from Creative Motion Club, besides that there were also many music videos showing both studio and live performances of Michael Jackson.
We presented 3 songs, the first being Heal the World, and then Billie Jean, and lastly You are not alone.
Well, let's talk about Billie Jean and You are not alone first shall we? For Billie Jean, the running bass was almost perfect, and the electric guitar was good but fumbled a little bit, Jin Shing was a bit shaky during the whole song, maybe he's too nervous, chill out man =_=... And for the ending, I was worried like hell =_=, luckily they managed to end without screwing up the whole song, good on-stage problem solving XD
And then the next song was You are not alone. For this song, me, Nigel and John just took over the presentation on Wednesday because the others still can't perfect their songs, no point overloading them right? We only started practicing on yesterday...zzz... But no big deal la, since we always practice in the last minute for past few performances, biasa already LOL. But still there's a setback for the lack of practice, Jin Shing wasn't able to get the hang of the song. If you really really really noticed, he skipped the 2nd Chorus and went for the bridge =_=, my reaction was "omg~ what now?" xD But it's not bad la, we got back in two bar's time, for the audience it's just a small hiccup in a performance.
For Heal the World, it's really the first time none of the original band members from Form 5 performed in a full band. And that is why I saved it for the last. For this song, the whole band rosters are: Yap Onn Sang - Tenor Saxophone , Ho Zhu Yi - Drums , Jeshua - Bass Guitar , Ben - Electric Guitar , Leong Zhe Hao - Keyboard 1(Piano) , Leong Shu Hwa - Keyboard 2(Strings) , Chiew Zhi Hong - Violin. Well, the whole band consisted of 7 players, and the thing that really excits me is that of the 7, 5 of them are from Form 2, Onn Sang being Form 3 and Hwa in Form 4.
To be honest, I've never felt any happier seeing someone else performing, I was seemingly touched. The whole song was brilliant, BRILLIANT! And you guys outperformed the seniors today, my salute to you. Thanks to Onn Sang for willing to play the Tenor Saxophone for this performance, I do hope we will have more performances together. My thanks to the Form 2 members for being so dedicated even though it's just one song, you guys have immense potential together, I'm looking forward to next year already, when you guys will mature into a cohesive band. My thanks to Nigel for conducting the practice to perfection, it was the great conducting that made the performance, John too for teaching Zhe Hao the keyboard for this song (even though John didn't really want to LOL!). My congratulations to Hwa for mastering the art of last minute practice XD, sorry you didn't get to practice together with them and have to learn to play everything today. And my congrats to Lixuan too, since this is your club and you managed to pull off with a great show today, Bravo indeed.
So... Just in case none of you knew, Mr. Nagaya himself came to us and praised us for the good show, no kidding! Kudos to everyone, it's really hard to get his recognition, he must've been impressed by what he saw today, and I AM REALLY SURE that it's the "Heal the World" that got his attention. I mean, all the band members are new blood and fresh faces, and it's really the first time a saxophone is used in a music band in our school, it is something special. I dare say, that in the whole Malaysia, only a handful of schools ever had this kind of band, so, to be able to walk around in school boasting that you are from Music Club is really a proud thing to do.
Phew~ So uh, Thank you again I say to everyone who was involved in this show, especially to History and Geography Club for giving us this opportunity to present our performance, and for your belief in us that we will give a great show LOL!
Just one last advice from me: Keep up the good work!
====================================================================
After the show went to jalan-jalan lor, since I have to wait for my sister until 6.45pm. Went to Mcdonalds together with Zhi Lin(went away only after ten minutes =/ ), Lixuan, Hwa and Ah Teoh to kill time :PTurned out Hwa picked the wrong place to sit lar, just below the air-conditioner. Beh tahan the cold, cold until all of us also freezing =_=Then they start gila photo already...zzz. Say want to mimic me warming my hands wa.
Haiz...So cold still want to drink cold water.
This is how both of them kill time. For me, it's sleep, blank stare and listening to songs.
Ah...Sienz...Time passed so fast, there goes a week and I'm not even into the mood yet. For next week I have to start studying already, in fact I'm already studying now, care to join me for my quest for perfection in exam? LOL!
Still, a promise is a promise, I will get the Cameron post up as soon as I possibly can, so keep checking and stay tuned.
Till next time, cheers~


No comments:
Post a Comment