Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Odyssey No.11 - Harmonica Festival

I went to Cameron for the last weekend for the Highlands Harmonica Festival, just to play percussions in the orchestra. 

My final verdict about that trip:

I met a hell load of peoples such as music students from UCSI, players  from a brass band, students from Chung Hwa Independent High, and of course the professional harmonica players from all over the world. These guys are just interesting bunch.

But, the setback, is that the whole festival doesn't really looked like a festival at all. I mean, Cameron is a wrong choice in the first place, it's just too small, everything is in mini size. The festival is a bit disappointing, to be honest. And worst of all, I paid RM400 for a trip where I've got to perform and rehearse for most of the time and then get (almost)nothing in return, not to mention of the food we are taking. But meh, at least I've met some interesting peoples, especially Nel, Yaw, Ben and Jenny, from USCI college, they are a lame+funny bunch.

====================================================================

Well, since I've already written a whole lot of things about Cameron during my last visit, this time I'm just gonna share some photos and narrate a bit about the whole trip. Enjoy~


We exited the highway at Simpang Pulai, the place where I played the Clearwater Championship of Sportexcel Circuit every year end just in case you don't know. Took our lunch there lor. I brought the guys, including Xin, to the restaurant where I used to have my meal there during the days. Very nostalgic :P



Gardenia in the Tuba.

Stopped by at a shop midway up Cameron. 

The painting sold in the shop.

Me, Hui Yun, and 38 Po


The Lonely Road.

The brass players.

Slinky Spring

Stopped by at the tea plantation before entering Brinchang. Took quite a few photos lor.

Viva la 5D, got 2 orang asing =_=

OMG Xin with pink hat!?

The air brass guys. Funny bunch.

The pasar malam...Ah...Memories...

Glockenspiel

The Equitorial grand(tiny) ballroom

Jin Shing drifting far away in his mind.

All grey skies in Cameron.

Left to right: Jia Fuo, Xin, Jin Yi, Emo Guy, Nel

Tony Eyers giving a performance with his alto flute.

The next morning, can you find the entrance of Cactus Valley?

The seminar hall

Me with Tony Eyers, he's a cool guy :)

Us with Willi Burger, professional classical harmonica player.

Where we had our lunch after the seminar in the morning.

Xin showing off his feminine masculine side... LOL?

Asking the pro...

Judy's Harmonica Ensemble from Taiwan.

The Emo Guy who taught me how to play cymbals, he's studying violin crafting in Italy  :O

Four gays. :X

Random photos.

The Emo lamp post XD

More Emo lamp post

Jin Yi, Amanda, Fui Chin


Found something interesting a while later while waiting for the show to start.

Xin: Hmm....What should I do with this piano?

Xin: I play it of course! XD

Left to right: Xin, The crazy pianist(forgot his name), Willi Burger, Jens Bunge, Me

Okay, honestly his hands are so damn long.

Went to meet Chung Hwa guys 2 a.m. in the morning...zzz, this girl is from Chung Hwa Guitar Club, I asked a few questions about the club operation. Heh, no worries, we overtook Chung Hwa's Guitar standard already this year, and we made it within a year's time. I'm just to proud to be a part of Yu Hua Music Club  :)

Judy's Ensemble giving a seminar in the next morning.

Open stage performers' list.

Ah...My last photo with this Emo Guy before he leaves for Italy again in a few days.

The pure silver harmonica. This thing costs more than your car.

Phew...This was the UCSI guys fooling around on our way home.




And so...This concludes my second trip to Cameron this year. Nothing much to say :(

Till next time, cheers~

No comments: