
Finally got "21st Century Breakdown", Green Day's newest album, in Jusco today.
Well, what to say? This album is a type of album known as rock opera. Which means there is a main story in the album and it's being told in the form of multiple songs. For 21st Century Breakdown, it tells of a couple named Christian and Gloria living in the post-Bush era trying to make sense of the selfish manipulation going on around them, whether it be the government, religion, media or frankly any form of authority.
Well, overall there were some brilliant songs in this album, but also some recycled ones. Love it though.
Notable songs:
- Know Your Enemy
- Viva la Gloria
- Before the Lobotomy
- Last Night on Earth
- Murder City
- 21 Guns
The week has been a bit on the hectic side. There were lots of things to do, but that's the challenging part of life ain't it?
Yesterday's Music Club activity day was much smoother, members new and old are getting the hang of it, we are getting more turnouts for the activity too, which was a good sign.
We had to prepare 3 songs for the History&Geography club's MJ tribute event, namely Heal the World, Billie Jean, and You are not alone, in collaboration with Harmonica club.
The practice was good, it's hard to believe we're already sending out Form 2 members for performance. I dare say they have the potential to be big in the coming years, till then I'll keep my fingers crossed. Why so? Because I've only started guitar three years ago in Form 2, back then I was only a beginner, and these guys they were already jamming in Form 2, care to compare?
I do hope they keep jamming. Rock on!
====================================================================
The last orchestra practice for the Cameron trip was held today. I am playing percussions for the orchestra this time, not a very challenging role but it's still important. At least I still get to play in the orchestra LOL! :D
Met the Guitar Store guy, named Ben, who will also be playing percussions. He's studying contemporary music in UCSI while working part-time at the Guitar Store in Cheras. Interesting life, I think Imma work part-time at Guitar Store when I graduate Form 5 too :)
The practice was a bit disastrous, haven't even practiced my parts XD. But it'll be fine, I still have one week to prepare.
So uh... Cameron here I come? LOL. It's my second trip to Cameron this year, I do miss that place. The good thing is we don't have to stay in lousy guesthouse this time. I think it's some apartment or something.
Phew...Meanwhile, I'm thinking of getting involved in saxophone. Any thoughts? Haha, it's bloody expensive, saving money again for now. Anyways, next update will probably be after the Cameron trip, with more photos!
Till then, cheers~


No comments:
Post a Comment