So we were told that on the next week that some government workers and headmasters from Negri Sembilan will be visiting our school. And Music Club is to put on a good show :/ And that's why we've been practicing Hotel California since Thursday. It's a good song, just that it is a bit outdated, but a masterpiece of it's time still.
This time our performance will be a bit different from what our school has ever seen, and I really mean ever. For those who want to see our breakthrough performance please give some support for us on the next Saturday LOL!
This was me in the practice session.
Nigel Ho teaching our Saxophonist BaoYun on how to play the song.
Ahhh wait, I shouldn't be showing you the last picture... Haha...Anyway, yes, we're using saxophone for our song, that's why I said it's different. From what I knew, Guitar Club( Now Music Club ) and Brass Band never mixed since the history of Yu Hua began, for whatever reasons I don't know, and this shall be the first time and we're doing it. Special thanks to BaoYun for accepting the challenge of this song and Brass Band for understanding that Music is universal.
p.s. My fingers are sore now :(
=== === === === === === === ===
It's Earth Hour day today. And I've been a good boy by closing the lights :D
But here I have to talk about something. Something about our commitment towards protecting the Earth.
I'm sure most of you if not all, showed your intentions of saving the environment by turning off the lights today from 8:30 to 9:30 just now. And I'm pretty sure that after today, the intention will be forgotten, faded away as some of you will end up living your same resouces-wasting routine. That's typical for any human, as it's our nature to take things for granted.
I sure hope that Earth Hour Day will not become another "Thank (Put name here) Day" like Teacher's Day or Mother's Day or Father's Day. We all thought that we showed our thanks to teachers and parents by celebrating those dates, but in truth it's only for that day. Any other days we'll be back to our ownselves again, disrespecting them, not listening to their advices, and because of this our celebration on those days doesn't even mean a thing...We should be showing our gratitudes each and every day to our teachers, our parents, and loved ones, not just on a single particular day on the calender.
Same thing applies to this Earth Hour Day, if you think you showed commitment by turning of the lights for an hour tonight and only that, you're terribly wrong. One hour of commitment can't change the world, one day of commitment can't change the world. Come on, even if you commit a whole month and only that month, the world will still be the same when the desire to save the Earth fades. Sad truth? Yes
This journey will take your whole life, and believe me I'm sure it's worth every second of it, even if you do something tiny in scale compared to the Earth, as long as you're doing it while you're living, you're making a difference. And that's what I call changing the world. One day, we'll be seeing the heal, a significant heal, and we'll be working harder to make this world a better place.
It starts from you and each and everyone of us, right here, right now.


No comments:
Post a Comment