Tons of things happened in this two weeks, especially music-wise.
First things first, Music Club did not perform on the 4th of April in school, which was last Saturday. Teachers said our performance is not really ready, but in truth only the saxophone is not ready, the other parts are. But meh, they cancelled ours still, even though given the chance we can prepare another song in just one day's time.
Well here I'm gonna talk about something I don't really like about school. Teachers think that we are still kids, and we can't handle our music. Go figure, we chose that song because they said it's going to be all middle-aged visitors, Hotel California suits fine for their age (at least I think so). But no, they said the song is a wrong choice in the first place, it's too long and flat. Nonsense! Why don't they tell us earlier that our song is not a good choice? They wanted to wait until the last minute, tell us off, and cancel our performance. That song is technically difficult, that's why it took us two weeks to prepare, given any other pop/rock songs that they think is what we should be playing instead, we can finish it in two hours, all we need is a good singer and time. Nope, they say we can't prepare another song in time.
Ya, go save your faces, it's all you guys care. The students worked like mad for the clubs and associations in school, for what? We don't get a cent, we don't get recognition or special mentions when the school wins co-curricular awards, the school does. We're just doing it because we like it. If one day no students want to join co-curricular activities, you'd think the school can win the awards by itself?
==========================================================
Anyways, since that Saturday we had a long session of Yamaha group practice. Here are some pictures of the practice session.
Fun group of guys. Hope to work with them often enough. :)
Me playing the bonga for fun XD
Zhong Xin playing harmonica. Me on the drums.
We were challenging Ho Zhu Yi our Music Club drummer to play this drum beat earlier that morning LOL! Insane.
==========================================================
So today was the performance. The Yamaha Classical Pop. There was a total of 15 songs, I'm doing one only, which was More Than Words.
I'm obviously tired after a hectic week LOL! So I'll just let the pictures to the talking.
The venue. This was Zhong Xin performing "Johnny B.Goode" together with Elaine on another piano and the others.
The singer for my song "More Than Words", Dayang Trisha. She also performed "A Thousand Miles" sang by Vanessa Carlton. To know more about her relationship with Zhong Xin click here :)
I just noticed Trisha got her clothes changed before the performance =_=. Anyways, this was me performing. Xin was behind playing harmonica as backup and in-between fillers. Allayshah there is A VERY CRAZY GUITARIST. He's playing bass guitar for this song but usually plays lead guitar and he has insane guitar shredding skills.
The group photo after the show. I was standing behind and had to tip my toe to take photo >_<
Xin, Trisha, Me
Trisha and Me
Didn't manage to take pictures with other performers. Ah well, maybe next time.
This concludes the Yamaha Classical Pop Concert for today. Phew, now I have to prepare for some charity event in SRJK(C) Yu Hua on the 19.4.2009, Sunday. They say I'll be performing one or two songs, maybe "More Than Words" and "Hotel California" :D Blessing in disguise I'd say.
Till then, Cheers~


No comments:
Post a Comment