Friday, April 17, 2009

Odyssey No.6 - Highways, Off-beat Jazz, and Screamers

Tonight was one of the craziest night I've been through :D

Me, Xin, Zhi Lin, Jia Fuo decided to go to USCI to watch a modern band jazz concert which starts at 8:00p.m.. Our transportation? Bus and impromptu transportation.

At 6p.m. I met with with Xin at Kajang McDonald's before having our dinner in Metro Plaza. Then lepak until 7p.m. before Zhi Lin and Jia Fuo came to town. Waited for around 5 minutes for the U40 bus. Damn it was crowded, but nevermind, we've got no choice anyway. An uncle came to me and sold me the bus ticket for RM1, at least that made up for the cramped bus =_=

It took around 45 minutes to reach our next stop, which was at Cheras Leisure Mall. 


Walking to the bus stop to wait for bus or taxi.


Then we waited for something to take us to UCSI, be it taxi or bus. It was a long wait, and most taxis don't go to UCSI. Talk about crappy-ness.

KL is beautiful at night by the way. :)

Finally got a taxi that can take us there after half an hour of waiting, cost us RM5, but we have 4 person, fair enough I think. 
We rushed to the main building and ran our way to the auditorium. We were almost half an hour late for the show but made it just in time as they are starting to play another song.


The run to the building XD My first impression was...WOW!The concert was brilliant, I'd never imagine that those college students can produce performance of such quality. 

Some highlights:

The trumpet, alto sax, and 2 tenor saxs quartet.

The Tenor Saxs

Trumpeteer giving a blowjob :X

All action, rawrz~!

Tell you one thing, honestly, the alto saxophone player is very handsome and talented. If I'm a girl I'll surely fall in love with him LOL!  But meh, I'm not gay. He wears ear ring though.

I recognize this guy as an employee in Cheras Guitar Store, couldn't believe my luck that I'll see him here :D He's the one who attended me when I wanted to buy a guitar pickup for my classical guitar.

This guy is a very insane guitarist, especially in jazz style guitar.

Female bassist, IMBA!

One of my favourite performer for the night, because she plays violin :)    p.s. I'm sure all Yellowcard fans like violin.


There was a lot more performers but the dark lighting caused me to take less pictures than usual, and of course photos of poorer quality.


Overall I can say that this performance is very solid, the jazz songs are mesmerizing, and metal rocks are insane and there were some funny funny stuffs too, such as songs with lame lyrics and melodies LOL! There was a song where the lyrics was "Let the body hit the floor", it sounds like "Let the body sweep the floor" when the guy sang it XD

The trumpeteer was also the singer for some songs, and man he screams like the guy in Linkin Park, must've hurt a lot to do that, I mean if I would to do that, expect me to be mute for the upcoming week. 

The performance ended at 10p.m. Phew, and my ears hurt a lot, but it's worth it I'd say :D

This concludes my day and another day of odyssey. Till next time, cheers~

No comments: