Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Perfume Shop

An extract from "The Lost Book of Alba", Chapter: "Lies and Revelations".

*This work is purely fictional but might have based on the life of Alba's alter ego. Any resemblance to YOUR life is purely coincidental, because of the fact stated before this.*



====================================================================


"Hey, what's taking you so long? Have you decided yet?" she asked, hands tucked behind, her smile almost seems like an innocent child's.

I remained quiet, probably the only way to buy more time for me to think through this. Oh My God, why can't I just decide and be done with it?

"Hmmph... Boys are always like this, you guys never know what you want!" she spun around, walking out of the aisle of flowery deco.

"Okay okay... Look, I'm just a bit clueless here. But if you would just help me on this..."

"Oh not again, Alba... That's exactly what you said in the last gift shop!"

"I'm dead serious this time! I promise!"

With a little hint of annoyance, she walked back into the aisle and stopped just right beside me. For some reasons I thought I blushed, but I quickly dismissed any thoughts and reeled myself into focus.

"Look Alba, you've been staring at these perfumes for almost ten minutes now. Just tell me, honestly, have you decided on which one to buy for her yet?"

"I...uh..."

Shaking her head out of disappointment, she lifted herself up a little by standing on her toe and grabbed hold of two small glass vials lying on the topmost shelf. She held out the vials in front of me.

"As far as my friendship with her goes, she had always liked the either two of these."

I squinted at the vials to read out, but the words are too small.

"These are...?"

"Rose and Lavender, both are equally nice. So, which one will it be?"

I hesitated. She gave me a slightly stern look, almost like a teacher would look at a primary school student who made a mistake. Seconds passed.

"I... Look, I really don't think I should be getting perfume for her birthday present, it's kinda inappropriate..."

She looked into me for a while, before hastily putting back the perfume bottles.

"I think I should just leave you to your thoughts, if that's what you want. I'll be at the cafe if you need me," she said, before storming out of the shop. I ran after her.

"Hey... Don't! I'm sorry alright? I'm just... having this dilemma right now, I am stuck!"

"Stuck between two perfumes? You're so clueless!"

"I know, I know... Look... Both Roses and Lavenders are equally nice, that's what makes it a hard choice. But I've decided now, and I have just one last question..."

"Go on..."

"I wanna know... Which one is you?"



====================================================================


(Didn't understand? Nevermind... You shouldn't...Since this is deciphered texts from the works of Alba himself  :P )

No comments: