Monday, May 4, 2009

The Real Cultural Night

Yeah, finally got the pics from Thomas's compact flash today. Well, he filtered most of the pictures (which are the good ones that I took XD ) and what's left are the photos he took. Of course there are a couple of them still here which I took, anyways, here are the pictures of the day as promised, taken by Thomas.


This was during the rehearsal, popping it in here. Note that his hair isn't shiny and bling bling enough yet. If I'm not mistaken this song he's playing should be V3, a remix of Beethoven's Sonata "Pathetique" for O2jam. It was the best performance of the concert in my honest opinion, though opinions varies among peoples :)

Black and white, Thomas's signature style. This was the dancers having their makeup for the night show.

Ah, this should be Jinyi (recognized from the hairstyle).

The coolest teacher LOL! The chinese orchestra music teacher is a cool guy, decides to take a picture with the students/performers. Blame the bad picture quality to the lack of light since this is taken backstage (but it's really tempting to put the blame on Thomas's photography skill :D )

Whoops~! Choir's turn to perform. This song was alright, not too much to show, but the second song was somewhat of a failure (read: disaster). But meh, not for me to judge. The piano is the best part of the choir though.

Our dearest insanest impro piano player in Yu Hua, ZhongXin, with the boy genius on the violin. One of the most technical performance of the day, followed by V3 and Wintersun by Harmonica (I think :P). Note, the person on the leftmost is a cameo, his name is JiaFuo if anyone's interested, his job is to sit down, flip the page, yawn a little, flip the page again, yawn a little more, stand up, and bow to the crowd, the end of his story XD.

Ah...The fresh look of drama, it's been long since I last saw them performing, last time in 2006. This story was interesting, and a bit lame, as in funnily lame. Acting was okay for secondary school level. But the ending was, in my opinion, hanged. I don't like hanged endings :(

"Shut up I don't wanna talk to you! And please don't call me honey again! " (Not based on actual script)

"Hei Se Hui" Gang. Taken by me :)

This was them having a short briefing before having their second performance. Didn't see the whole performance though.

This was the school's best Harmonica trio playing "Wintersun".

JingShing, the rising prodigy in harmonica. Watch out for him, he charms with his harmonica :P

Ah...This drama is the one I missed. But from what I see it's quite dark, not the lighting but the theme of the drama.

The dancers with their ending performance. Ooo...Peachicks anyone?

The Emcees for the night. Kudos to them for bringing the show to live.

Chinese orchestra with their family portrait.

The Emcees with our photography teacher Pn. Lin.


Phew, it took quite a while for me to upload the pics. But it's worth the while sharing the pictures with everyone. This concludes another chapter in Yu Hua 2009, I hope next year's Cultural Night would overshadow this by miles, fingers crossed :) . What's next in the calender? Probably Teacher's Day performance, but before that I'll be writing on my Cameron trip for this weekend and share more stuffs and pictures with you guys.

Till then, Cheers~

No comments: