But still... I'm pretty disappointed. Not that the practice was bad, not that you guys are not good enough. In fact you guys, every single one who spared time for this and each previous practice sessions, are brilliant - Dedication and skill wise.
I'm just disappointed of what our school has come to be. A school, just a school. Nothing more, nothing less. It seems like Yu Hua is getting more and more...Lifeless. Gone were the days when big yearly events makes stand on our toes while waiting for it to come. Campfire? Yu Hua Idol? Those were just some of the events, axed, by a person who had visions he thought outshines the previous policy.
Most of you would agree. That our school now became "Just another school", all too boring. Things that once defined Yu Hua became undistinguishable from other schools. The new policy on co-currirular activities is not accepted by the students well enough, each and every ban would only result in more disatisfaction among us. And I still don't understand, why would anyone love this new being that came to govern our school a couple of years ago? Why? Just...really...Why?
And this is infectious. Even the teachers now prefer mere simplicity in school rather than quality. When asked if we can perform in school, teachers would go saying," Oh...You're the music band guy? I think cannot, because setting up the stuffs would take too much time and too troublesome (and I'm too busy and stupid to arrange so that your things can be set up faster and seamlessly), so I think cannot, but if you got anyone who would like to play the CD and sing along the song it's fine. You must understand ah, because you have exam, and no rehearsal, so I scared will have a lot of problems."
Such ignorance...In my opinion, the school teachers is just not ready to accept live band performances, THEY ARE JUST NOT READY! Why, of all the cultures in school, you are not ready to accept this?
====================================================================
Haiz...Today mom asked my casually," Son ah...Actually what you want to be when you grow up ah?"
I never answered, as usual :/
It's not that I don't wanna give an answer, it's just that I'm not sure enough. What I'm sure is that, whatever I chose to be, my parents will most probably disagree, because they'd expect something more from me.
Well... This is a list of what they want me to be involved:
- Business
- Engineering - Of any sort, but my father is into cars, so he want me to be automobile engineer
- Doctor/ Life science - Any parents' dream?
- Aeronautics or Airplane Piloting.
I kinda laughed when I think back the days when they ask me to study hard so that I can become an aeronautics engineer...
And then here's a list of what I want to be involved:
- Music - Be it performer, composer, part-time or full-time.
- Audio Engineering - Hey, at least it's engineering. Combines technology with music, which is just the right thing for me.
- Mass communications - This one is new for me, when teachers (4 teachers to be precise) said that my voice have commercial value xD ...Don't agree LOL! But this seems interesting.
- Physics - Inspired by Dr. Michio Kaku, I want to study Quantum Physics and ultimately solve the "Theory of Everything" :D
- Business - At least I kinda agree with my parents, but only in business related to music.
- Filmography - Ah...I like directing other peoples >:D, I'd like to be a director.
As you can see, the difference between the two lists is obvious. Haha...
Anyways, I still can't make up my mind what to study in university. All seems very tempting to me :(
Advices are welcomed LOL!


No comments:
Post a Comment