Felt relieved and worried at the same time. Relieved because I stepped down from the committee, and I'm worried for the same reason too. Ah well...
The AGM went smoothly(and awkwardly), there were some performances of course, it even caught some passerbys attention xD.
Anyways, here's the list of the new committee for Music Club for year 09/10
- President: Tan Lixuan
- Vice-President: Teoh Kian Tat
- Vice-President of Music: Ho Zhu Yi
- Secretary: Leong Shu Hwa
- Vice-Secretary: Yap Sin Yee
- Treasurer: Yap Ji Lien
- Publicity Dept.: Yeoh Pei Yee, Yap Jia Hui, Ng Horng Rui
- Preparations: Say Sian Jee, Liew Chen Nan
- Guitar Section: Low Xian Min, Chen Tze Yang
- Keyboard Section: Ng Shi Hui
- Drums Section: (Vacant)
- Afternoon Representative: Moses Looi
This list is the final decision of the club founders and committee 08/09, and there were some peoples who approached me and asked if we were biased while making this list.
To all out there who thinks that we were biased, you're absolutely wrong, we are not. This is what we thought will fit the committee best and there are no reasons to be biased as we put the importance of the club in front of anything else while choosing the new committee. Everyone in the list is there for a reason.
Well, I know how it feels like to be a retiree. Somehow you have nothing to do but you still feel like that there's something left to be done, LOL sad.
Hwa playing the electric guitar, this is soo cool! ( Though I still think anyone with my e.guitar is much more cooler XD)
Ah Chong the keyboard teacher.
Hmm...Everyone is into guitars lately. Even Samson's into guitar.
After the AGM went for makan with the new committee, not all la. And I've learned one thing, the food in Metro Plaza food court never improved since the last time I went there in like 2006?
====================================================================
Unexpectedly got free entrance for the Chinese Orchestra concert "A date with rhythm"(Suckish theme I know) due to photography duty.
Went to school to fetch Hwa and Ying at 6:30pm, my car kena calar teruk LOL! No la, the car door hit the elevated sidewalk outside the school when they open the door, sakit hati leh T_T. Parked my car in my house before walking to New Era College, since it's near my house.
True enough we got free entrance :D But the concert starts at 8pm and we were waiting there from 7pm =_="
So we took some pictures of the rehearsal and set up lo. But I can't really take any nice photos because of the poor lighting, screw compact cameras :(
And so the concert began at 8pm. The songs choice are a bit odd, though I can't complain since it's Chinese Orchestra. I observed that Chinese Orchestra is actually not a very good ensemble, the chinese flutes are an annoying group of instruments when it's not properly tuned, same thing goes to the trumpet-like instrument. And most of their instruments are to the treble side, the only thing that gives support to the bass are the cellos and double basses, which are not a good choice for bass in the first place.
Overall the orchestra is a bit floaty. I still thinks an orchestra needs low brass instruments like trombone of tuba to cover the bass, instead of cello and double bass. Brass packed more power.
There were two songs that I liked(note: I disliked the others), Pirates and Love Story meets Viva la Vida, though I still don't like how it's presented. The Pirates of the Caribbean was altered in the key =_=, I wonder why...And like I said, it's floaty, not enough bass, THEY NEED BRASSES, but this is chinese orchestra, so it will never happen, ever. About the other song, it was okay besides the same problem state above, but it's still a bit patchy, the part that joins the song isn't that smooth.
The empty auditorium at 7pm =_=
The Audio crew.
The show about to start.
Jin Shing was there with the harmonica guys too.
I hate to admit but my photos really sucked for that night :(After the concert we have to walk out of the university to wait for my dad.
On the way out Teck Foo drove by :"Where are you going? Walk carefully and take care of the two girls ah!"
Then came Ming Chek's car, Jin Yi lowered the windows and said:"Where are you going? Walk carefully and take care of the two girls ah! If Mun Hong bully you two please tell me ah!"
zzz...Really beh tahan you two...
The Ah Chuan's car passed by:" Where are you going? Waiting for car ah? Then you 慢慢等啦! Bye bye!"
Really LOL, funny guys from the harmonica club.
After reach school almost 10:30pm, Ying terus balik since her car was there, gotta wait for Hwa's car to come only before I can go back. Hwa keep want to halau me back ask me don't wait =_=... Don't la, school no people, if anything really happened, how I want to forgive myself leh?
====================================================================
Phew, it's another exhausting day. This week have to work all day for the Saturday again, it's Ko-kuriulum day and also Report card day. Aww... And night got Brass Band concert again, but this time I'm quite anticipating it, don't know why though. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope that it's another good show.
So till next time, cheers~
p.s.: I'm so not going to be on photography duty for the brass band concert.
p.p.s: It's because I already bought the ticket.


No comments:
Post a Comment