Friday, January 1, 2010

Odyssey No.19: Youth Empowerment Camp @ INTI

Last week, from the 22nd to 23rd of December, Natasya and I attended this INTI Youth Empowerment Camp @ INTI-UC Nilai.

It was organized by INTI-UC of course, and it was free lol.

So yeah, overall it was quite a fun camp, but I'm going to be honest and say not too fun la compared to the leadership camp in my secondary school. But still, I've learned a great lesson from this camp, which I'll reveal at the end of this post.


So there's nothing much I want to talk about this camp, even though I know there are a lot of things I can mention. So I guess I'll just share some photos with you guys.

This was my room for the night, quite small leh, but surprisingly cold at night even without air-conditioner.

The corridor outside my room.

Random photo around the campus.

The sports hall where we had most(in fact I think all) of our activities :O .

We did some activities where we're supposed to go around the campus.

Took quite a few photos as the task required.

The guy in front is Les Lee, the facilitator for my team. He's quite funny :P

Ask him take photo he camwhore haha...

This was the "trust initiative activity" where we have to lift our teammates with our arms extended high. Quite syok punya lol.

"Give you middle finger, NAH!" XD

This was Jo Dee, another facilitator of my team.

Another activity, this one we have to free fall to our back, quite scary at first but it's relatively safe la. I got hit in the nose while catching tho.

Then we had a game where we have to get a bottle at a distance but we cannot go there by any parts of the body other than our arms or hands. Tough game to be honest, got my left wrist injured again, but it's fine now. I have not the photos for that activity so sorry :/

Then we had "Tang Yuan" there LOL! Yea it was Chinese Winter Solstice Festival and according to tradition we have to be at home with our family, which we are not.

Some group photos :)




So on the last day before we went home, they announced the spotted recipients for the Leadership Excellence Award.

They announced three recipients of the awards, one of them who is Natasya and she got 100% tuition waiver! My congratulations to her, trust me she truly deserves it no matter how modest she may appear to you when you mentioned about this to her :)

I'm sure most of the peoples who came to this camp didn't really came because they wanted to, they came because they have a chance to receive the scholarship awards. I'm not going to deny that I'm one of them. But in the end, I got more than what I came for...

I got a glimpse of the other recipients of the awards, and I saw all sorts of people. There were times when I met these peoples and thought," how was it even possible that this guy got the scholarship award and I did not?"

Yes, to be honest, I do think that I can do much better than them. But I do not blame anyone, no... It was all my fault after all, I just did not give my best.

But no worries, I'm not discouraged at all, I am in fact more motivated than I have ever been! The camp made me realize that I still have much more to prove.

To the panel that decided not to give me the award, I have to thank you, a MILLION thanks. Thanks for not feeding my ego. Thanks for letting me know I can do better than what I am showing now. I'll make sure during my time in the university college, I will beat the other recipients of the award to the top.

Yes and to the other recipients, this is an issued challenge, show me that you deserves the award more than I do. Show me that the panel has not chosen the wrong person, that you did not bluff your way in. And I'll give it all to make sure it will not be a one horse race.



That's all I have got to say for now. For the next post, I will do a review of my year 2009. Stay tuned and till next time, cheers~

No comments: