w00ts!
Exam is over! Holiday is here! And I finally had some time to blog!
Was quite busy these few days, busy watching movie, busy writing essays for application, busy playing golf, busy getting scorched under the crazy heat of Malaysian sun. to summarize everything, I was busy being busy la. XD
To get to the point. Two weeks ago we attended Mega Earth Day at Kota Damansara Community Forest. Thanks to C.P. we managed to get two booth for the event to do sales, one for 6SOS and one for Taylor's Environmental Club.
So what did we do there?
We made 9 cakes, 50+ muffins, got some drinks, some finger foods, all to be sold over the course of two days. Oh, and I think i have to thank and apologize to my mom, because she took a day off just to bake the cheese cakes, reluctantly, and we didn't manage to sell all of the cheese cake. :X
To be honest, what we did was quite a bit of failure la. But still, at least we learn from experience.
Anyway, there were a lot of interesting stuffs over there. We had a row of booths selling a variety of things, some random, some themed, some messy, some tidy, some nothing at all.
This was us, preparing the booth.
Us deciding what to do with the cakes.
And Taylor's with their booth.
Some how, I still think that they've stolen our idea of selling chocolate fondue XD. Haha just kidding.
They did great, better than I've expected in fact. They were a sporting bunch, was able to make fun of themselves and get people laughing, so that they'll buy their stuffs. Minyi you have a great team there, must really make full use of their talent!
So I didn't really help with the counter, because I "had to study for Chemistry". Study my foot la, can't even concentrate for 10 minutes =.=". So I walked around, took some photos, and watched some parts of the night concert.
So I'll just show you some pictures while a narrate on them, hope you won't mind : )
This were the booths, in preparation stage.
The banner.
Raleigh was there!!! They were going to have night trekking at night, and camping in the forest, and kayaking. Too bad I missed them all. :(
Country Farm Organics selling (yes you've guessed it) organic products :D
Some Malay hawkers selling colorful drinks.
Plastic Man and his trusty sidekick Sandwich Man.
The warm-up performance, Brazilian martial arts.
Anplas Bag was there, selling bags of course.
The beautiful setting sky.
And here be teh lamp post.
Sin Yin and Wah Lung taking a time off.
And so this was the stage where they performed. Sorry but my old camera cannot work properly at night so you'll just have to bear with it : /
Diplomat of Drums gave us an awesome show to start off the night. They had the crowd shaking their booty, literally.
And then we had the choir. Their songs were angelic, almost heavenly :)
And we had "Malaysia's John Mayer". Okay sorry but I forgot his name =.= . His songs were also nice though, he even composed a song just for this occasion! :O
The multi-purpose pianist for the night, brilliant player! (I think he studied music in Berkeley!)
And a ragtag combination of other great singers. Dayum the woman on the right really can hit high notes LOL!
AND FINALLY! We had our own legend, Zainal Abidin, who sang the hit song "Hijau" way back in 1991. Check it out if you haven't already heard the song!
And so Zainal came out with style, and led the whole team of performers to sing the song Hijau. It was truly mesmerizing, but I'm kinda disappointed that there were only one pianist who accompanied the tune, I expected a whole band but oh well : / . Still, thumbs up for the whole night concert!
As for the second day, I was at home, studying Chemistry. The exam was on the next day so I had no choice. Hopefully I aced the paper :(
But I think the second day was much more fun, THEY WENT KAYAKING! Gaahh... Me and my final exams =.="
Still, we did earn quite a bit of money to fund our next events. Not sure what it's gonna be, but I'm sure it'll be pretty awesome!
Next post, Eco Warriors seedling collection trip. Till then, cheers~


No comments:
Post a Comment