Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Auld Lang Syne 2008

A year is coming to an end. Thought I hate to admit it, year 2008 eclipsed all my previous years in any terms. There are a lot of things deemed to be memories for years to come. Such as:

  • Celebrating my birthday with no one. Got one present from friend though.
  • Representing the school in MSS Daerah Hulu Langat Golf event, got 3rd place. And then went on to getting 10th place in MSS Selangor.
  • Dragged to KBox for the first time during Chyndy's birthday, kind of spent 4 hours there dreaming and getting my ears bombarded.
  • Being punk'd during April Fools, I won't tell how :P
  • Relentless pursueing with unlimited patience just to get Music Club opened. I'm sure Nagaya is very afraid of me and my gang now for the 8 months of annoyance :)
  • Performing in school, though not very well accepted by the crowd, but the satisfaction is somewhat an addiction and I think I'll do it again.
  • Failing my Chinese for the first time, I mean, failing in a subject for the first time ever. But I was sick, got fever during the exam week, so I didn't give a damn about studying. Still got 3rd place in class by the way :)
  • Getting my drums lesson just to know the instrument better so that I know what to expect from a band drummer.
  • Getting myself an EFX pedal for my Electric Guitar, but it came without a manual book. So I never understood some of the functions.
  • Went to Kem Kepimpinan ke-11 in a campsite in Hulu Langat. Sucks quite a bit being squeezed like sardins in a room with 30+ other campers. The camp was nice though, taught me what I needed to know.
  • Having the most exam-intense year, one and a half month for the end term. Seriously sick of exams.
  • Getting our hands on the drum kit the school bought us. A RM2,400 PDP drums with unmatched sexiness.
  • Went to Clearwater Sanctuary for 2 times during the school holidays, stayed in the lakeside chalets for the first time. It's a nice place to be and really the best place for golf travel.
  • Went to Harmonica's camp held in Wetlands campsites. It was one of the best experience, met a lot of new friends that will be valuble in my friends network. Kudos to the seniors and coaches.
  • Being driven by Wilson Choo all over Klang Valley during New Year's eve. 
  • Being inactive in Sportexcel tournaments for the whole year. Hope to get back into the circuit next year with a renewed and refreshed mind.

That's a part of what I remember. It's a good year, one of the best. I'll miss 2008, my farewell.


And so, here are some of my new year resolution, a list of what I wish for my 2009. My big 10  + the probability of me succeeding in it :P

  1. Winning the MSSS championship for good. - 5% probability
  2. Scoring A for Chinese subject. - 40% probability
  3. Buy a good acoustic guitar costing about 400-600. - 25% probability
  4. Compose a full song. - 70% probability
  5. Buy a DSLR. - 10% probability
  6. Quit DotA and TW by July. - 80% probability
  7. Performing in school at least 3 times. - 90% probability
  8. Take up Violin lessons. - 15% probability
  9. Shoot 70+ in a golf round. - 60% probability
  10. Being in desperately love for someone. - 50% probability

Haha, That's all for this year. Cheers~

Have a Happy New Year guys. 

5 comments:

zl.ng said...

I hope the 10th wish came true for you~~
Gd luck with that.

Anonymous said...

5th and 10th is a good wish....
Keep working bah... ^^

zl.ng said...

Hey... Can bring me along to play golf and teach me the basics?? LOL... I'm serious though.

Chris "AlbaDalbaDoo" said...

Maybe during the holidays? :)

zl.ng said...

Fine wif me~